Preventative Maintenance Is A Must
Why You Need Preventative Maintenance
The number one cause of heating and air conditioning system failures is homeowners not having routine preventative maintenance performed on their equipment. Regular comprehensive maintenance on your system increases efficiency and extends the life of your system because just like your car, your HVAC system needs preventative maintenance to continue operating in good condition.
An easy way to have this maintenance performed regularly is by becoming a Swinson AC Maintenance Plan member today! Program members automatically receive pre-season check-ups twice a year where your system will be professionally inspected, cleaned, and tuned-up. You’ll also receive benefits like priority service and special discounts.
What We Do
We’ve included a list here to give you insight to what our maintenance plan looks like for Swinson AC Maintenance Plan members:
- Regular filter checks & changes
- Inside coil inspections
- Primary & secondary drain inspections
- Blower component checks
- Moving parts lubrication
- Electrical connection checks and tightens
- Monitor air conditioner operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge
- Check voltage and average draw on all motors and heaters
- Monitor air conditioning and heating cycles
- Inspect heat exchanger and burners
- Adjust gas pressure as necessary
- Inspect pilot operation and adjust as necessary
- Check flue draft for safe operation
- Inspect and test safety operation
- Adjust air flow for proper temperature rise and fall
- Check thermostat operations
- And much more!
What you Can Do
While becoming a Swinson AC Maintenance Plan member provides promise for an efficient and effective system, there are also several things you can do as a homeowner to ensure longevity in the life of your system.
- Make sure you have a clean filter monthly and change it when it’s dirty. Always have several filters on hand.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. You can save energy by programming the temperature so the system doesn’t run so much while you are away.
- The outside condenser unit coils need to be free of dirt, leaves, grass and whatever else may inhibit proper airflow across the condenser coil.
- Check your air handler or furnace and vacuum for any dust or debris in and around the unit. Dirt can clog the air flow and it can overwork the equipment.
- Vacuum the dust from all the air registers around your house.
- Check vents and make sure they are clear of furniture, rugs, drapery, etc., to let air flow freely.
- Have your HVAC system serviced seasonally: Primarily in the Spring and Fall.
- Do not hesitate to contact us for questions, service or second opinions regarding your a/c and heating needs.
Swinson AC is a trusted American Standard HVAC dealer in Loxley, AL. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have, and make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.
You may also call us at 251-990-0998 or email us at email@example.com.
Recent Helpful Articles from Our Blog:
- Guide to Controlling Your Programmable Thermostat May 27, 2020
- Preventative Maintenance Is A Must April 27, 2020
- Air Purification Systems: Clean the Air in Your Home April 1, 2020
- Breathe Easy with an Air Purification System from Swinson AC March 31, 2020
- Spring Cleaning: Keeping Allergens Out of Your Home This Spring February 25, 2020